Are you ready for a three day-weekend? With Labor Day just around the corner are you ready for your long-weekend trip or a relaxing weekend home? Either way, you may have some sort of plan with family or friends, and, perhaps, a BBQ?
This comprehensive list may help you plan the best celebration you’ve had this year!
Setting up your grill:
You’ve probably used your grill a hundred times and know what you’re getting yourself into, but if you’re new or you’ve only set it up a few times, these helpful resources may be your best friend. You want to ensure you’re cleaning and properly prepping your outdoor cooker! Whether it’s charcoal or gas, it’s simple and quick to do!
Recipes for the grill:
- Tenderly grilled short ribs
- Glazed and smokey barbecue pork ribs
- Rich and nicely charred carne asada
- Burgers of every size or flavor pallet?
- Teriyaki beef kebabs: a little sweet and a little savory
- Classic steak kebabs, with mushrooms, onions, and your favorite steak sauce
- BBQ wings, with a you favorite sauce and seasonings
- With a dash of tomato and basil, these chicken kebabs make the table pop
- Grilled, halibut, salmon, cod… any fillet adds a unique and nutrient-dense touch to your meal
- How about a whole grilled cabbage, cauliflower, tofu, or potatoes? Add a sauce to make it your own!
Recipes for the kitchen:
- Bold and nutrient dense broccoli salad, seasoned with radicchio, basil, and pistachios
- A delicious Greek salad
- Refreshingly fresh cantaloupe and honeydew salad, complete with lemon and thyme
- A classic Caesar salad
- Light and fun lettuce cups
- Make some sun tea to add a flavor-packed drink to the roster
Activities for everyone:
- Balloon flag is a great DIY game comprising little ingredients: only balloons! You can add colors or items insides to add excitement to the dart game, or simply leave it up for aesthetics.
- Make a cheap and easy pool noodle ring toss game!
- Cut up a tarp and make a point system with this DIY backyard ball-toss game.
- Twister with a twist – and it’s totally outdoor friendly
- Get it started and play this glow-stick ring toss game all night long! Hot tip: add a ring to the stick so you know where you’re throwing!
- Tic-tac-toe, but with your favorite bugs! This easy ladybug game is fun and completely adorable! Painted rocks work, too!
- Lastly, an outdoor, summer movie night!
- Ready for dessert? Try frozen watermelon on a stick!
Setting up the aesthetics for your celebrations:
- Table decorations! Include flowers from your garden for a personal touch!
- Paint lawn stars are a fun way to add some flare on the cheap. You can even use this for Twister with a twist above!
- A red, white, and blue “essentials station,” where you can have cups, plates, napkins, and all the other necessities!
- Setting the mood with DIY lanterns for night owls!
Between the food and fun, the get-together you plan is sure to be out of this world. Check out other items that fit your party’s theme for decorations!
Whether you’re looking to make a better burger or try your hand for the first time, you’ve got you covered. This ultimate resource guide is a great way to get started and create a menu you’re whole family will enjoy! Whatever your plans, we wish you a happy weekend!
open houses this weekend from
WINDERMERE MERCER ISLAND