Though we’re a week early, the festivities are already here! During the month of April, events are held throughout the Seattle region in spirits of Easter. It’s an excellent time to plan a family day and help out a cause or two along the way!
Curious what some of the events are this weekend? We’ve got you covered! Below are a list of the area’s bunny parties:
- Pike Place Market Bunny Party: This fun event features an egg hunt (at 11am), coloring activities, bunny visits, crafts, and a silent auction. The best part? This event sponsors the Seattle Animal Shelter and Special Bunny Rescue. All ticket sales go directly to these causes!
- Not looking to go downtown? The Hiawatha Community Center is hosting Spring Egg Hunts for children aged 10 and younger. Rain or shine, they will start at 10am sharp – so, make sure you bring your bags and baskets and ready for the hunt!
- Woodinville’s Great Community Egg Hunt opens at noon, with numerous hunts for different age brackets lasting through the afternoon. Held at the Woodinville Sports Field, this event is free for everyone! Though the event is free, they do ask for a donation of a canned food item to benefit the Woodinville Foodbank!
- Fox Hollow Family Farm holds Easter 2017! Fox Hollow hides over 40,000 candy-filled eggs throughout their 5 acres – and don’t worry, it’s not a race! After you search and find 20 eggs, you can explore the other treasures this hollow holds, such as a pony ride, ATV riding, or take a peek around the barn to see what you find! The farm is home to baby chicks, ducks, kittens, bunnies – so there’s something for everyone! It’s open 2pm-4pm this Saturday, April 8th, but check out their webpage for other days!
- The Lake Hills Elementary School will be holding a free community Easter egg hunt this Saturday, April 8th. There is a preregister option and a hunt schedule, so you might want to check out their website for! Not only are there 30,000 hidden eggs, but popcorn and drinks to keep in tip-top hunting shape!
- The Outlet Collection in Auburn is hosting the KidX Eggstravaganza this Saturday, April 8th between 10am and 12pm. The Easter Bunny makes his appearance as children spend their morning creating arts and crafts, while indulging in other fun activities. Their egg hunt eggs are filled with “special springtime prizes” so search for them while your looking around participating stores!
- This one’s a bit early, as the Woodland Park Zoo’s “Bunny Bounce” is set for next weekend! Make sure to purchase your tickets now to save time later! They will be holding 3 & under events from 9:30am-3:00pm, and 3-5 and 6-8 every 30 minutes from 10am-12pm and 1pm-2:30pm. Remember to bring your own bag and enjoy the animals and festivities at the Woodland Park Zoo! Check out their schedule for special Easter Enrichment events!
To check out Mercer Island specific information, please click here!
Click here to check out all of the homes open on Mercer Island this weekend.