Oh boy— tomorrow is going to be a really special Mercer Island Farmers Market (MIFM). In honor of the 4th of July, there will be market vendors on hand to help you finish your shopping for your holiday bbqs. Check out the vendor list below:
- Ground beef from Olsen Farms
- Sausages from Sky Valley Family Farm
- Tomatoes and peppers from Hedlin Farms
- Zucchini and potatoes from Alvarez Organic Farms
- Greens and onions from Growing Washington
- Cheese from Tieton Farm and Creamery
- Lemongrass Kombucha from Shen Zen Tea
- Rosé from Stomani Cellars
- Beer from Lowercase Brewing
- Apple pie from High 5 Pie
- Or you can bake your own pies with cherries (Harvesting Autumn, Lyall Farms, Collins Family Orchards, Martin Family Orchards) and berries (Skagit Sun, Hayton Berry Farms, Sidhu Farms) purchased at MIFM!
MIFM will be also be hosting a special 4th of July tasting for market attendees, courtesy of High 5 Pie‘s. Stop by and enjoy a taste of marionberry and apple Petit 5s! You can also check out a vendor feature on High 5 Pie on the MIFM website: click here.
Over at the children’s table kids can learn more about growing garlic, and even bring home a garlic sprout kit to grow their own at home. Live music will be provided by Kelly Bosworth, an Americana singer/songwriter whose single Waters hit #7 on the folk DJ charts and is played across the country.
The volunteers at Mercer Island Farmers Market have put together an excellent menu of activities and vendors to make your 4th of July special. Make sure and stop by their booth to say thank you, or maybe even send them an email thank you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a wonderful time at the market, and a terrific 4th of July!