Back-to-school time is quickly approaching! The first day of school for students of the Mercer Island School District is Tuesday, September 8, 2015. It’s time to finish up your school supply shopping, get back into the swing of preparing lunches and backpacks in the evenings and get organized for the upcoming school year. Here’s a link to the one page year-long calendar with all the important district-wide dates incorporated on it. It’s a pdf – so handy to print out and hang up in your family’s school day command center. Here’s a link to the more comprehensive calendar set up by month. You can choose which school’s calendar you want to view, along with holiday and fine art event calendars.
Are you new to the Mercer Island School District? New families can get the scoop on the district, and how to connect with the school your children will be attending, by clicking here. The district has a handy pdf of required vaccines for the 2015-16 school year here. The district will be publishing the school bus routes for this year soon. You can check out last year’s bus routes to get an idea of where your children will be catching the bus this year. The district did not anticipate any large scale route changes for 2015-16.
If you would like to add some lunch money to your child’s account during the school year, you can send a check made out to Mercer Island School District-Food Service. If your kids are in elementary school, the checks need to be delivered to the front office administrative assistant at your school. Islander Middle School and Mercer Island High School students can give a check directly to the food services cashiers at their schools. MISD also offers an online payment method via Skyward Family Access. Log in and choose Food Service from the left hand sidebar area. Instructions for how to add money to your kids’ account are available here in a handy, printable pdf form.
Important Dates For All Three Elementary Schools:
- The schools’ offices are open now, 9am to 12pm Monday through Thursday.
- September 2nd – View classroom placement for K-5th Grade on Skyward Family Access starting at 5pm
- September 3rd – Meet Your Teacher 3-4pm
Islander Middle School
- School office is open now, 8am to 3pm Monday-Friday
- August 27th – View class schedule on Skyward Family Access beginning at 10am
- August 27th – IMS Back2School Day: 6th Grade, 10am to 12pm; 7th and 8th Grade, 1-3:00pm
- September 3rd – New Family Event, 9:30-10:30am
Mercer Island High School
- School office is open now, 7:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday
- August 27th – MIHS Counseling Center begins new student registration
- August 28th – View student schedules on Skyward Family Access starting at 5pm
- August 31st – MIHS Fees & Photos for Seniors, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- August 31st – MIHS Fees & Photos for Freshmen, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- September 4th – MIHS Fees & Photos for Juniors, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- September 4th – MIHS Fees & Photos for Sophomores, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Click here to access school specific supply lists, and important beginning-of-the-year activities planned at each school.
If you are in search of fresh ideas on how to tackle the school lunch blahs, WindermereMI has you covered! Check out our Pinterest Board School Days for lunch box suggestions, free printables, bento box inspiration and even lunch prep video tutorials! I think the free joke printables would be so fun for younger elementary school kids. My kids loved it when I would leave a little note in their lunch boxes. And the plethora of sandwich suggestions!! I’m amazed at the combinations.
Cheers to a fun, organized, successful school year Mercer Island School District families!