Mercer Island’s annual Summer Celebration event will be back at Mercerdale Park and Luther Burbank Park on July 11th and 12th, complete with live entertainment and events at our Windermere Stage. This year’s theme is The Pirates Return – costumes are encouraged and be prepared for a bit of mayhem and adventure throughout the Summer Celebration weekend!
Our office is proud to be sponsoring a fun children’s gardening event and a booth with fun giveaways for kids and grownups alike.
“My First Garden” Free Planting Event for Kids
- Saturday, 7/11 at 2:30 pm
- The Windermere Stage
- Windermere Mercer Island brokers will be on hand to help kids plant a flower to take home and enjoy over the summer
- Saturday, 7/11 from 10am – 7pm
- Sunday, 7/12 from 10am – 5pm
- The Windermere Booth
- Stop by to create your entry for this year’s coloring contest sponsored by Windermere Mercer Island. All the supplies will be provided at the booth. We’ll also be giving away pirate bandanas and tattoos, so kids can join in the pirate fun at Summer Celebration!
Windermere Mercer Island brokers will also be at “The Pirates Return” Grand Parade that will wind through Town Center on Saturday July 11th, 10 am. They will be passing out festive red, white and blue pinwheels to parade attendees. To the left, broker Nancy LaVallee is showcasing the pinwheels we’ll be handing out – they are a nice size and spin like crazy in a breeze. Please note that the Obliteride Kids Ride sponsored by Fred Hutchinson is before the parade, starting at 9 am, and travels the same route. Plan accordingly to secure your favorite spot for the parade.
Keep on your toes – pirate sword fights are supposed to break out about every 30 minutes over both days of Summer Celebration. Word has it that the action will be by the skate park at Mercerdale Park.
Saturday, July 11
- 10 am – Parade: Town Center
- 11 am to 7 pm, Festival at Mercerdale Park
- 7 pm to 10:00 pm, Luther Burbank Park
- ~10:00 pm – Fireworks, Luther Burbank Park
Sunday, July 12
- 10 am to 5 pm, Festival at Mercerdale Park