I’m so excited that 4th of July, 2014 is on a Friday! There are so many community celebrations around the Puget Sound area. If you are a music fan, there are music performances scheduled throughout the 4th in almost every city in our region. To get the scoop on what’s happening on the 4th of July around Seattle and the Eastside, check out the list below:
- Grand Old Fourth of July Celebration 2014 on Bainbridge Island, 7 am to 11pm. Billed as “the island’s biggest party,” this 4th of July event includes a parade, 5k run, car show and street fair. Fireworks over Eagle Harbor begin at dusk.
- Bellevue Family 4th kicks off at 2pm at Bellevue Downtown Park. Known as the largest celebration on the Eastside, Bellevue Family 4th includes several music performances throughout the afternoon and a fireworks show that begins at 10:05pm. Check out the schedule of events here.
- Bothell 4th of July starts with a pancake breakfast at 8:30 am and the fun runs all day long, culminating with a fireworks show at 10pm. Enjoy a children’s parade, Grand parade, live music and a community picnic.
- Fireworks Over Des Moines is a spectacular fireworks show launched from Des Moines Marina. Bring your picnic dinner around 6pm and enjoy the waterfront area. The fireworks show will begin at 10:15 pm.
- An Edmonds Kind Of 4th kicks off with a 5k fun run at 10 am. The 4th of July events include a children’s parade, main parade and Firefighters Waterball Competition. The fireworks show, at Civic Stadium, is scheduled for 10pm.
- Red, White & Blues Festival in Federal Way will open at 3:45 pm over at Celebration Park. Enjoy music and cultural performance, games, interactive arts and activities for all ages. The fireworks display kicks off at 10:15pm. Parking on site at Celebration Park will cost $7.
- Celebrate Kirkland 4th of July will begins with a children’s decorating event at Marina Park Pavilion at 10 am. Hang out for the children’s walking parade and Old Fashioned Downtown Parade, plus enjoy entertainment and food vendors at the park. The fireworks show is scheduled for 10:15 pm and should be viewable from most of the downtown waterfront parks in Kirkland.
- Renton Fabulous 4th of July is an annual event held at Gene Coulon Park on the shores of Lake Washington. Events are scheduled from 12 pm until the fireworks start at 10pm. Enjoy free Kidzone activities and musical performances. The launch site of the fireworks display is the northwest corner of the Ivar’s Water Walk at Gene Coulon Park.
- 4th On The Plateau is Sammamish’s 4th of July celebration. Come to the Sammamish Commons from 6-11pm to enjoy children’s activities and free dance music until the fireworks display begins at 10pm.
- Seafair Summer 4th at Lake Union will run from noon to 11pm at Gas Works Park and South Lake Union Park. There will be games, music, The Seafair Clowns and, of course, The Seafair Pirates. Make sure to check the event schedule here because the schedule for each park is different. The fireworks grand finale event begins at 10:10pm at both parks.
- Freedom Fair in Tacoma is a huge event all along the Ruston Way Waterfront. A fun-filled 4th of July celebration, the Freedom Fair is the South Sound’s largest event. You’ll find rides, activities for all ages, music and an air show. The Fireworks Extravaganza will begin at 10:10pm.
Is there a noteworthy 4th of July celebration I missed? Please share in the comment section. The city of Mercer Island will host a community fireworks display during Summer Celebration, on the evening of Saturday, July 12th. Sponsored by the Roanoke Inn, which is celebrating its Centennial, this year’s fireworks display will be extra special!
Have a fun and safe 4th of July holiday!