Eastside residents, including Mercer Island, can participate in Eastside’s Month of Concern for the Hungry food drive. The event kicks off Saturday, Sept. 25th, and will run through Saturday, Oct. 23rd.
Here’s a list of most needed, non-perishable, foods:
canned meat and tuna, pasta, rice products, peanut butter & jelly, canned fruit and vegetables, school lunch items, cereals, soups, spaghetti sauce, 100% fruit juice, canned stew and chili, canned beans, 1 qt envelopes of powdered milk, vegetable oil, macaroni and cheese, Jars of baby food (1st & 2nd foods only, please) and nutrition shakes.
The donated food will benefit several Eastside food banks, including the Mercer Island Food Pantry, located Luther Burbank Administration Building (2040 84th Avenue SE) in Luther Burbank Park. MIYFS operates the Mercer Island Food Pantry.
If you would like to make a donation, please bring it to one of the following collection sites:
- Albertsons Grocery Store l 2755 77th Avenue SE
- Community Center at Mercer View l 8236 24th Street
- Mercer Island High School l 9100 SE 42nd Street
- Mercer Island Youth and Family Services l 2040 80th Avenue SE
- Rite Aid (south end location) l 8441 SE 68th Street
Thank you for sharing what you can.