This year’s Summer Celebration will be a spirited event celebrating the Olympics and going for the gold, Mercer Island style! Mercerdale Park will be transformed into an Olympic Village; throughout the weekend, Olympic-style games and challenges will occur.
From the city website,
“Put your game face on, bring a winning attitude and be prepared to enjoy the spirit of competition as you build your own Olympic legacy.”
The weekend festivities will officially kick off with the annual Grand Parade, at 10 am on Saturday, July 14th. The parade will wind through the Downtown neighborhood and will feature a variety of local groups and the Mercer Island Community Marching Band. Thank you to Mercer Island Community Fund for sponsoring the parade!
Music and Live Entertainment is always a big part of Summer Celebrationm, and this year is no exception. Check here for the line up at all the stages. Below is the line-up for the Windermere Stage, which will feature local performers all weekend long.
Saturday, July 14th
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Tracy Alan Moore & the Rising Sun (Tribute to Elvis)
- 2:00pm to 3:00pm: The Not-Its (Seattle’s most rockin’ kids band)
- 3:30pm to 4:30 pm: The Spazmatics (Tribute to the 80′s)
- 5:00pm to 6:30pm: The New Blues Brothers (Performing dance hits from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s)
Sunday, July 15th
- 10:00am to 10:30am: Symptom (Teen Ensemble from Kaleidoscope School of Music)
- 10:35am to 11:10am: Cats in a Bookstore (Teen and Adult Ensemble from Kaleidoscope School of Music)
- 11:15am to 11:50am: Between the Lines (Teen Ensemble from Kaleidoscope School of Music)
- 11:55am to 12:30pm: Dorian Blu (Rock cover band with diverse song base)
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm: Rhythm Nation (Current Top 40, ultimate party band covering hit songs)
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm: The Afrodisiacs (#1 Disco Band)
The brokers of Windermere R.E. / Mercer Island will also be on hand to help the kids plant their own dahlia flower. “My First Garden,” will be at 3pm Saturday afternoon near the Windermere Entertainment Stage. Also, the brokers will be on hand at our booth for the kids to stop by and enter our annual coloring contest. Entry forms and coloring supplies will be on hand all weekend. Rumor has it that there will be temporary tattoos and stickers at our booth as well!
Saturday only events include the following:
- Pre-parade Mercer Mile Fun Run, 9:30am-9:45am ($10 entry fee)
- 3on3 Basketball Tournament at the Luther Burbank Tennis Courts, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ($125 / 4 players; entry deadline July 13th)
- Boat Rides Around the Island, provided by the Argosy “Celebrations” Boat and last appx. 90 minutes (boarding times: 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm; cost is -18, $10 / 18+, $15)
- Saturday Evening Fireworks Show at Luther Burbank Park and the accompanying 2nd Annual Fireworks Cruise. (7:30pm departure time; cost $50/person)
Sunday only events include the following:
- Rotary Pancake Breakfast at Mercerdale Park, 8:00 am to 12:00 noon ($5 donation)
- Car Show at Farmers New World Life Insurance Parking Lot, 10:00am to 3:00pm (FREE)
All weekend long, stroll around Mercerdale Park, and its major cross streets, to sample some tasty treats, or view local arts and crafts. The 39th Annual juried MIVAL Junior Arts Show will be located at Well Fargo Bank all weekend. The Children’s Fun Zone will be right smack-dab in the middle of the park for hours of summer fun– there is a cost for the inflatable rides, the train and zip line. Cost details are here.
Everyone at Windermere R.E. / Mercer Island is proud that our company is a Summer Celebration sponsor. We hope you will enjoy spending time at Summer Celebration, listen to some great music and stop by to say hello. Don’t forget to bring the little ones by for “My First Garden.” We look forward to seeing you Saturday and Sunday!